|Community Donation Program|
Community Donation Program:The Calgary Zoo is a not-for-profit registered charity that is pleased to support community initiatives that are in line with our mission of conservation and education. This program is called Zoo in Your Community.
To qualify for a community donation, recipients must satisfy one of the following criteria:
• Must be an organization with a directive to assist children in need. (Note that requests based on economic disadvantage should be directed to ZooShare through City of Calgary, 311 – "Fee Assistance", a program strongly supported by the Calgary Zoo.)
• Must be an organization that can demonstrate its commitment to conservation (education, research, project work) or direct support of a Calgary Zoo initiative
Please note, the Calgary Zoo does not make donations to the following organizations:
• Minor sports teams or similar organizations
• Political parties or candidates
• Individuals representing a charity on a personal basis
• Third party requests – an organization fundraising on behalf of a non-profit (i.e. United Way)
• Religious organizations
• Schools, unless special needs
• Lobbying/advocacy groups
• Corporate foundations, private clubs and professional associations
• Profit-making ventures
• Organizations outside southern Alberta
If your organization meets the criteria, please click here to fill out the request form for submission.
If your organization is not eligible, please note the following alternatives:
• Zoo coupons are located at our Special Offers page of the website
• Economically disadvantaged may contact ZooShare, run by the City of Calgary Fee Assistance Program. Call 311 and ask for "Fee Assistance" to request Zoo admission passes for your group.
• Contact the City of Calgary Diversity Coordinator at 403.268.2694.
***Adobe Reader is required to view form. Download Adobe Reader.