Free Calgary Zoo Parking
ENGAGE AND INSPIRE MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO PROPERLY REGISTER THEIR PLATES USING THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN A TICKET. PLEASE REVIEW THE STEPS BELOW.
For all account or ticket inquiries you must contact Calgary Parking Authority (PARKPLUS):
- Don't remember your password? Call 311 to retrieve your password.
- Phone: 403-537-7000 from 8:00 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR EXPIRY DATE: If your membership has expired and you do not renew your membership upon your next visit to the zoo, you may receive a ticket. Your membership expiry date can be found on your online parking account.
If you are an Engage or Inspire member, one of your special membership perks is FREE parking. The Calgary Parking Authority (ParkPlus) is responsible for daily management of all Calgary Zoo parking lots. Once you have registered your licence plates with ParkPlus online, you can park at the zoo seven days a week. Daytime parking hours are from 8:45 a.m. until one hour past zoo closure (this includes extended hours for ZOOLIGHTS and special events). When registered, all you need to do is park and enjoy the zoo. Please do not use the ParkPlus pay machines or the ParkPlus app.
Each Inspire or Engage zoo member will be able to register up to TWO licence plates with ParkPlus.
Registering vehicles is easy and can be done from home or by mobile app; updating and managing changes is also easy.
Here’s how to register with ParkPlus
What you need to know
You need to create a Park Online account to register your licence plate(s). You will need your membership number which appears on your membership card.
How to register for free parking
First you will need to set up a myID account with the City of Calgary. The myID account allows you to access many City of Calgary resources and services using one account. (Please note: You will only need to set up your myID account once. If you already have a myID account, you can skip Step One and go directly to Step Two.)
Step One: How to sign up for your myID account
- Go to https://parkonline.calgary.ca/
- Click on “Create Personal Account.”
- Fill in the required information for “Create Personal Account” and “Validate.”
- Using the temporary password, log into your account.
- You will now be able to sign into your myID account and register your licence plates as a Calgary Zoo member.
If you have problems signing up or accessing your myID account, please call 311.
Step Two: How to register to receive free parking at the Calgary Zoo
- Log into your myID account at https://parkonline.calgary.ca/.
- Click on “Zoo Member Parking.”
- Enter your last name and membership number, which can be found on the front of your membership card.
- Enter in your licence plate information and click on “Submit” (you will not receive an email confirmation).
- To edit your plates, you will need to log in using Steps 1–3. To edit, click on “Zoo Member Parking” under “Account Details” then click “Licence Plates” and edit the desired licence plate.
- Once you have edited your licence plate, click on “Update” to confirm your information is saved.
- Exit the screen by clicking the “X” at the top right corner of the “Vehicle Details and Update” box.
- Exit the main screen by clicking the “X” at the top right corner of the “My Zoo Parking” information box.
- Click “Logout” at the top right corner to exit the Park Online system.
Lots to get through, but if you use your membership to visit the zoo as often as we think you will, your free parking will be very, very welcome.
You may log into your zoo parking account and update your licence plate(s) information at any time. If you have problems signing up or accessing your myID account, please call 311.
Members will receive free parking at the Calgary Zoo from 8:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with hours extended during ZOOLIGHTS.
Members can register a maximum of two licence plates per member ID number; however, only one vehicle is entitled to park at the Calgary Zoo at a time. If you park a second vehicle at the zoo, you must pay to park that vehicle. Failure to do so may result in a parking ticket.
If you have questions about your account, please contact the Calgary Parking Authority through one of the following methods:
- Phone: 403-537-7000 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Email: email@example.com
Once your Park Online account is set up, you can log in at any time to edit your registered licence plate numbers if you need to bring a different vehicle for your zoo visit. For example, if you have a temporary rental car or are visiting that day with a family member or friend, you can easily register that temporary licence plate as one of your two allowed plate numbers. But please don’t forget to switch back to your own licence plate afterward!
Please note that although two plates can be registered with Park Online per membership ID number, only ONE PLATE/VEHICLE can be utilized at a time per membership – you cannot park two vehicles in the zoo parking lots using one membership number.
All ticket payments and ticket inquiries must be directed to the Calgary Parking Authority or by calling 403-537-7275.
Please note the Calgary Zoo is not responsible to register and is not able to edit your licence plate number(s) or access your Park Online account information.